Please take advantage of a free heart screening event this Sunday, October 15th at Southwest High School.
Saving lives is paramount to our mission and prevention is our goal. That’s why we offer free cardiac screenings to any teen, ages 12–25. We’ve screened thousands and have identified hundreds with undetected heart abnormalities.
- All screening events are open to the public – your youth does not have to attend the school to get screened.
- We are open from 9 am to 3 pm, but screenings typically take less than an hour to complete.
- If youth bring a fully signed/completed screening packet, parents do not need to be present at the event.
- Screenings include a health history review, an EKG, consultation with a cardiologist, and if indicated, a limited echocardiogram.
- The entire process is painless and non-invasive—no needles or x-ray exposure.
- Female technicians screen girls in a separate area from boys. We also have private screening areas as needed.
- You are notified of the results within a few weeks for follow-up with your own family doctor as your insurance dictates.
- If results are normal, please add the EKG to your youth’s medical chart to use as a baseline.
- If results are abnormal, please contact your doctor’s office and let us know if you’d like us to reach out to your doctor for consult.
- If you do not have access to medical care, please check our Find A Doctor page, or contact us for assistance.
For more information or to register online for the screening, please visit the Eric Paredes, Save a Life Foundation home page.
Dear SUHSD Families,
Interscholastic Athletics begin in early August for all Fall Sports in the Sweetwater Union High School District. These sports include:
- Co-ed Football
- Girls’ Volleyball
- Boys’ and Girls’ Cross Country
- Girls’ Field Hockey
- Boys’ Water Polo
- Girls’ Golf
- Girls’ Tennis
Click Here for information on the athletic programs offered throughout the Sweetwater District.
Physical Exams – All student- athletes must have a pre-participation physical screening completed prior to being cleared to participate in a sport. The physical must be current (within 1 year from the date completed) and be valid through the entire season of sport.
Note: Athletic Physicals must be completed by an licensed Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO). Chiropractic Physicals will no longer be allowed (Board Policy 6145.a). Additional information on Pre-Participation Athletic Physicals can be found at your schools ASB office
Athletic Clearance Information – Clearance for Inter-scholastic athletics at any district school is completed through an online process. Click here to get started.
Important note on Insurance for your student-athlete:
The California Education Code (Sections 32220-32224 and 49470-49474) requires that each member of an athletic team shall have insurance coverage for medical and hospital expenses in an amount of at least $1500 while practicing for or participating in athletic activities sponsored under the jurisdiction of a public school district.
In order to comply with state law, each athletic team member must be enrolled in either the District approved medical plan or have medical insurance coverage in an amount of at least $1500 provided under any other type of insurance plan(s) which may have been purchased by the student or by the parent/guardian.
Without Insurance, a student athlete will not be able to clear for a sport. For Sweetwater Union High School District offered insurance plans, please contact your schools ASB office for more information.
For questions about specific sports offered at your child’s school site, please visit the ASB office on your campus or speak with your school’s Athletic Director.
All student- athletes must have a pre-participation physical screening completed prior to being cleared to participate in a sport. The physical must be current (within 1 year from the date completed) and be valid through the entire season of sport.
The Sweetwater Union High School District is offering Athletic Physicals on:
Saturday, July 22 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
@ Montgomery High School in the new Gym.
Cost is $20 (cash only).
Student-athletes must use the SUHSD Physical Form and it must be signed by a parent prior to the physical. Please see the informational flyer for the school schedule and location details. Additional information can be found at your schools ASB office.
Sweetwater Athletics is providing a FREE live internet broadcast of the Metro Conference Swim and Dive Championships, live from Mater Dei Catholic High School this Saturday, May 6th. This is a chance for family members anywhere to tune in and view this event. Broadcast will begin at 9:00 a.m.. Please see the attached flyer for the log in information and share with other family members. Best of luck to all of our Student Athletes!
May 6, 2017 @ 9:00AM
Free: Paid for by SUHSD Athletics
WATCH LIVE OR ON DEMAND FROM ANY INTERNET ENABLED DEVICE!
Like us on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/BlueHorseServices/
Follow Sweetwater District Athletics on Twitter.