Sweetwater Union High School District believes that students’ participation in school sponsored athletic activities improves academic achievement and should be part of a well-rounded education. SUHSD offers a variety of athletic activities for Grade 7-12.
Advantages of athletic participation:
- Supports schools’ academic mission, teaching students, self-discipline, self-confidence and the skills to handle competitive situations.
- Increases academic performance and reduces dropout rates.
- Promotes the values of a positive lifestyle and good citizenship, and helps reduce the effects of negative peer pressure.
- Reinforces students’ positive image of self and school, and minimizes disciplinary problems.
Middle School (Grades 7-8)
SUHSD offers interscholastic competition for grades 7-8 in flag football, boys’ and girls’ volleyball, boys’ and girls’ basketball, boys’ and girls’ soccer, baseball, softball, field hockey, boys’ and girls’ cross country, and cheer. Championship tournaments are held for all sports. Contact your students’ middle school for information on the specific programs offered.
Go to https://metromsathletics.com/ for Metro Middle School Athletics.
Athletic Clearance for Middle Schools
Go to http://athletics.sweetwaterschools.org/athletic-clearance/ and click on the specific school site for your student to register for a sport
High School (Grades 9-12)
SUHSD offers a wide variety of athletic programs at high schools for both boys and girls.
- Field Hockey
- Boys’ Water Polo
- Boys’ and Girls’ Cross Country
- Girls’ Golf
- Girls’ Tennis
- Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball
- Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer
- Girls’ Water Polo
- Roller Hockey
- Girls’ and Boys’ Wrestling
- Boys’ and Girls’ Swim and Dive
- Boys’ and Girls’ Track and Field
- Boys’ Tennis
- Boys’ Golf
SUHSD schools belong to the Metro Conference and CIF San Diego Section. Teams compete for both team and individual honors in league sponsored interscholastic athletic competition throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring sports seasons. Information about specific programs at each school is available from the school’s Athletic Director.
Athletic Clearance for High Schools
Go to http://athletics.sweetwaterschools.org/athletic-clearance/ and click on the specific school site for your student to register for a sport.
High School Athletic Directors contact information 2018-2019
For specific information or questions about the athletic programs at your student’s school site, please refer to the athletic contact information for each school.
Go to http://athletics.sweetwaterschools.org/athletic-directors/